Monday, December 13, 2010

Yes, Virginia, there really is a market for a smart flip phone

 The BlackBerry Style is really starting to stick with me. I was chosen to be a product ambassador right around the same time the EVO was finally released for employees. Being very cheap, I could not resist the $50 discount opportunity we were given for that day only and got one right away.

This gave me the chance to use the EVO a couple of weeks before switching over to the Style. Now I am living the best of both worlds with the BlackBerry active as my primary phone and the EVO Android rocking along just fine on WiFi as a mini tablet.

Here’s the deal. I love all the apps and cool things the EVO brings but as an actual everyday carry around in your pocket and take places device the Style wins hands down in my book. It has proven to me that there is a market for a simple flip phone. It is the perfect form factor and function for someone like me that likes a small device that fits nicely in the pocket and operates with little complexity. I have also found even though I have access to 1,000s of apps my main use on the device is still e-mail, text, twitter and that weird thing some of us still do—talk.
My conclusion from all of this is in a best case I would have a small smartish device like the style plus a second larger tablet device like the Samsung Tab. This indeed would give me the best of both worlds.
What is your opinion? 

No comments:

Post a Comment